academy information for participants
Upcoming Academy details
June 17 - 19, 2018 in Evanston, Illinois
If you have not yet, please complete your registration and payment.
Registration includes training, all materials, and breakfast and lunch on June 18 and 19.
Activities will take place Sunday afternoon through Tuesday afternoon, which should allow for travel time on those days. For more specific planning, see the Schedule at a Glance.
When scheduling your travel, please remember:
- We kick off at 2:30 pm on Sunday, June 17
- We will end by 3 pm on Tuesday, June 19
- Allow at least 40 minutes travel time by car to/from O'Hare and longer for public transportation options
- We recommend you allow at least 1.5 hours arrival at O'Hare before flight time
TRAVEL AND LODGING
Evanston is conveniently located just north of Chicago along the shore of Lake Michigan. Participants will find transportation information and more on the Hyatt House website. Hotel rates in our room block have been discounted to $169 + tax per night using the group code G-FASK. Please make your reservation prior to April 25th.
All Academy activities will take place at the Hyatt House.
Hyatt House is located at 1515 Chicago Avenue, Evanston, Illinois, USA, 60201
Tel: +1 847 864 2300
There are many options for getting to Evanston. We recommend using O'Hare airport. There are extensive public transportation options around the city and the Davis Street stop works best for both the Metra and CTA train and bus services. There are many cab and rideshare options to get around as well. American Taxi offers a flat rate from the airport to Evanston. Lyft, Uber, and Via also offer affordable rideshare options.
Things to do in Evanston
- Trip Advisor recommends these top things to do
- Chicago Mag also recommends these 15 great things to do
- Visit Chicago North Shore is a rich source for info about attractions, beaches and parks, shopping, dining and more
- You are invited to join us for an optional group outing to the Moth Storyslam on Monday, June 18th at Space in Evanston (please RSVP on the registration form)
- The Ask Big Questions team will also host optional morning walks to Lake Michigan during the Academy